13 Things You Don’t Know about Content Analytics
Content analytics provides the “last mile” of insight, ultimately required for automating business processes and creating customer-centered journeys that go beyond conventional encounters.
We surveyed 276 decision-makers about whether – and how – they are using content analytics to improve their business processes in Using Analytics – automating processes and extracting knowledge. Here’s what they told us:
- 27% see content analytics as essential now. 59% see it as essential within the next five years.
- 58% percent admit they are “poor” at using auto-classification.
- 39% are challenged with poor insight into their business operations.
- 43% are addressing challenges related to duplication of content creation.
- 64% see content analytics as a way to improve productivity and remove manual steps.
- 62% see content analytics as a way of providing business insight.
- 25% of respondents say their processes are flowing faster and more smoothly as a result of using inbound analytics.
- 25% are using auto-classification for assigning security and access controls.
- 21% are using auto-classification for metadata allocation and correction.
- 61% feel the best use of the intelligence derived from content analytics is in providing better insight and decision-making capabilities.
- 14% use automated analysis on social streams, communities, news feeds, and inbound communications.
- 32% have more than one content analytics application in place.
- 25% have realized ROI for big content projects within 12 months.
Tapping the Power of Content Analytics
Want to know more? We hosted a webinar recently with well-known industry analyst Seth Earley, where we discussed how to take the guesswork out of unstructured analytics and begin to use it to connect the dots, make smarter business decisions, and put your data to work for you. You can view it here:
About John Mancini
John Mancini is the President of Content Results, LLC and the Past President of AIIM. He is a well-known author, speaker, and advisor on information management, digital transformation and intelligent automation. John is a frequent keynote speaker and author of more than 30 eBooks on a variety of topics. He can be found on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook as jmancini77. Recent keynote topics include: The Stairway to Digital Transformation Navigating Disruptive Waters — 4 Things You Need to Know to Build Your Digital Transformation Strategy Getting Ahead of the Digital Transformation Curve Viewing Information Management Through a New Lens Digital Disruption: 6 Strategies to Avoid Being “Blockbustered” Specialties: Keynote speaker and writer on AI, RPA, intelligent Information Management, Intelligent Automation and Digital Transformation. Consensus-building with Boards to create strategic focus, action, and accountability. Extensive public speaking and public relations work Conversant and experienced in major technology issues and trends. Expert on inbound and content marketing, particularly in an association environment and on the Hubspot platform. John is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the College of William and Mary, and holds an M.A. in Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University.